Sunday, May 31, 2015

Darghaur Ten

I finished these 15mm Darghaur (from GZG) some days ago, and I think this is the first time I have finished painting the stuff I bought at SALUTE, usually it takes forever to paint just a fraction. To be honest, I only bought three 15mm sets from GZG. They were specially designed for Tomorrow's War's suplement, "By Dagger or Talon"

These were really easy to paint, and I know I tend to use spots on my miniatures, but spotted skin for aliens is cool. You are supposed to paint these creatures' horns in colours to show their rank, but I think I won't do that, or at least with this first group. The "official colours" the people from Ambush Alley used for their Darghaur are too bright for me (a mix of yellow, white, red...) and I'm a bit monochromatic. So if I paint the horns I'll use white rings or something similar. The bigger the antlers, the more important and agressive the Darghaur is. 











5 comments:

Mr. Harold said...

These are great... not unsurprisingly!

Any tips for doing spots?

El Senyor Verd said...

Lovely again!

EinarOlafson said...

Thanks!!

Hi Harold,thanks. Steady hand, patience, watered down paint (because when painting spots, the paint in the brush tip dries very fast), and a very well sharpened and pointed brush. I start with the big spots, painting one very near to the previous one, and then decreasing in size and distancing them a bit more as they get smaller. Another thing is taking a look at animal skins patterns, frogs, insects exoskeleton and such. Hope that helps, but the main thing is patience and the watered down paint, just in that limit when the paint stop covering properly.

Cheers.

Eli Arndt said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Allison M. said...

Ooh, thanks for the tip on doing spots. And thanks Mr. Harold for asking :)